Everybody get upside down! Let gravity work for you...have some fun...and see the world from a new perspective. The benefits are amazing!
Inverting your body as so many benefits, besides being fun. When you spend time upside down it...
- reverses the aging force of gravity.
- relieves back pain with better posture and greater spinal mobility.
- boosts brain power by increasing blood flow to the brain and nourishing the brain cells with more oxygen and nutrients required for optimal brain function.
- improves digestion and elimination.
- enhances relaxation and promotes sounder sleep due to increased muscle relaxation.
- promotes lymphatic drainage and blood purification. This healthy detoxification is partly why a great feeling of rejuvenation is experienced when you go upside down.
How did you used to go upside down as a child? Perhaps playing on a jungle gym? Laying upside down off the end of a couch? Swinging in a tree? How could you incorporate some of this fun, upside down-ness into your life today?
Here's some ideas:
Try yoga. Yoga gives you lots of safe, gentle opportunities to get upside down, such as forward bending, bridge pose, handstands and headstands.
Touch your toes! Not only does this keep you young and flexible, but it gives you all the benefits of an inversion.
Lay with your legs up the side of a wall and your back and head against the floor. This is gentle, yet effective.
Climb a tree! Play on a jungle gym and let your inner child find ways to get upside down.