If you're feeling a cold or flu coming on, try some of these old natural remedies, rather than running off to the pharmacy.
- Make fresh ginger tea (rather than a teabag). Peel and slice ginger root (about 1.5 inches) into small pieces. Boil the ginger for 10-15 minutes and drink with honey and a splash of lemon.
- Drink dark elderberry juice, an extremely powerful immune booster, or eat elderberries frozen or fresh.
- Eat lots of raw garlic and shitake mushrooms, not necessarily together.
- Take a hot bath with eucalyptus oil and epsom salts.
- Use a neti pot to keep your sinuses flowing and clear of any virus.
- And here's a fun one that's traditional from Holland: At night, cut an onion in half and keep it bedside.